Effective for Applicants for the Class Beginning 2011
The following MUST be completed and on file with Program Director by MAY 7 (no exceptions)
Required for Either the A.A.S. or Bachelor Degrees:
- Official copies of all transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions. No transcripts should be submitted in your DMS application packet. The only exception is Degree Works transcripts from Volunteer State Community College.
- Students with international transcripts must also submit a course-by-course transcript evaluation from an international evaluation transcript service that includes an overall GPA.
- Submit two letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes. A form for this, along with instructions, are provided on the DMS website under "forms"
- A resume
- Documentation of a minimum of sixteen (16) observation hours in a general ultrasound department with a registered sonographer. All observation hours must be completed and documented within 12 months of applying to the program. Completion of Clinical Observation Hours Form must be included in your packet.
- Completion of:
- Introductory Physics-PHYS 1030 (at least 4 credit hours)
- College Algebra
Successsful completion of the above courses requires a "C" or better. Typically, a 3.0 GPA in all prerequisite courses is the minimum standard to be considered a competitive candidate.
Send the required material listed to:
Volunteer State Community College
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Attn: Edward Carlton, Program Director
1480 Nashville Pike
Wallace Building-South S-231
Gallatin, TN. 37066